Air freight, Blogs, Boltrics, Cold storage logistics, New features, Sea freight, Transportation, Updates, Warehousing, Warehousing
Never forget a task again with user tasks – includes a “How To”
2 May, 2018
3min. reading time
Do you want to be sure that certain actions are carried out? But the pitfall is that you’re having too many of them? Throw your paper “TO DO” list out of the window and let Microsoft Dynamics remind you which tasks still have to be performed. Because with the release of Dynamics NAV 2018 you can easily set up reminders with “User tasks”. So stressing about tasks that might or might not have been carried belongs to the past.
You can, for example, create tasks specifically for your own work, but also set them up for your colleagues. Allowing you to reduce the risk that tasks are being overlooked and forgotten.
Sounds like the typical functionality that you were missing all this time to carry out your tasks more effectively? Yes? Then keep reading because in 10 steps I explain how you can create tasks, perform them and if necessary remove them again.
Add a new user task in only 6 steps
1. Search for “User task” via the search bar.
2. Click on “New” to create a new task.
A pop-up window opens allowing you to define the task.
3. Here you can specify the subject of the task.
4. The “Task Description” can be used to define the task.
5. The option “Status” allows you to assign the task to a user. You can also specify the priority, start and due date.
6. Finally, you can enter additional information under “Task Item”. This allows you to link the task to a specific page or report.
Congratulations! You just created your first task.
Set up a recurrence pattern
Do you want the task to be carried out regularly? Then Microsoft Dynamics offers the opportunity to schedule a recurrence pattern. When working with an open task, click “Recurrence” in the ribbon. In the pop-up window, you can specify the number of repetitions (“occurences”).
Delete a task in 3 steps
Is a task no longer relevant and do you want to delete it? Then follow the 3 steps below and keep your list of user tasks manageable.
1. Search for “Delete user tasks” and specify the filter.
2. Click on “Plan”.
3. A new window opens in which you can confirm the deletion by clicking on “OK”. The selected user tasks have now been deleted.
I hope this new functionality helps you to easily manage your workload. Do you have a question about (setting up) user tasks, don’t hesitate to contact us via email@example.com.