How do I configure a profile?
22 May, 2017
2min. reading time
In Dynamics you can personalize almost everything. For example:
- Resize columns
- Change the contents of drop-down menus
- Customize the navigation pane
- Add or remove FastTabs or FactBoxes
- Organize items in the Quick Access pane
- Save queries or filters
- Choose columns in a list place
Of course, you do not want to adjust this for each user individually, right?
Follow the steps below to configure the profile for all users with the same profile:
- Assign one profile owner in your company
- Open the shortcut Dynamics NAV shortcut Properties:
- In the Target field, add the text: -configure -profile:”profile name“
- Replace the text profile name with the name of the profile that you want to customize
Tip: To find the available profiles in Dynamics search via the search bar in Dynamics (top right) on Profiles
- Press the OK button to save the shortcut.
Now, if you start Dynamics NAV with the modified shortcut, you find yourself in the configuration mode.
Top right, you will see the text: Configuration Mode | <your company name>, etc.
From now, if you made a change, all user with the same profile will see the change.
These postings are provided “AS IS” with no warranties and confer no rights.
You assume all risk for your use.